It can be both stressful and daunting when considering surgery for your furry friend. As their trusted human, it’s natural to have a lot of questions about the best course of action. At Vets On Crown, we’ll answer all of your questions and help you choose the best possible option for your family. We personalize anesthetics and pain management regimens according to every animal’s age, breed and health status. We also offer surgical equipment and advanced patient monitoring devices, which are up to human hospital standards!
With years of experience and extensive training, our veterinary surgeons perform a great range of advanced soft tissue and orthopedics surgical procedures.
Here are some things to remember after booking your pet in for surgery:
- No food after 9pm the night before surgery. They can drink during the night but water should be removed first thing in the morning
- On the day of the surgery, we would prefer to receive our patients between 7:30-9:00 am (if it’s more convenient, they can stay with us from the night before surgery at no extra cost. Contact us for pickup/drop off services
- All surgical patients go through pre-surgical consult at admission
- For all surgeries and procedures, consent forms need to be signed at admission
- We strongly recommend a pre-anesthetic blood work for all animals going under general anesthetics (we are pleased to offer this crucial service at a very affordable price)
- By the end of the day of the operation, you will be contacted with a full report of the surgery