Dear valued client,
As you are aware COVID-19 has become a pandemic therefore we all need to adapt to the new reality. Australian government has implemented restriction to the businesses to reduce / control the possibility of exposure to COVID-19, so we would like to give you an update regarding COVID-19 and its impacts on our clinic.
Australian government has classified veterinary businesses as essential business therefore we are staying open with the normal operation hours during this turbulent time so we can serve you and our furry friends in the best possible way.
Although we are open during this uncertain time we would like you to work with us to minimise the possibility of COVID-19 transmission within our clinic and broader community. We appreciate it if you follow below hygienic and preventative measures.
- Clients who have symptoms of COVID-19 must not come to the clinic (please refer to https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert for more info on COVID-19 and its symptoms). We are offering FREE pick up and drop off services to all our clients who are living in close proximity (5Km radius) to the clinic. Please give us a call on (02) 9133-1300 if you would like to organise a pick up for your animal.
- In order to reduce the number of people in the clinic, we ask that maximum of two people (who live together) accompany your animal to the visit.
- Please register at hospital reception on arrival. We are then asking you to go to one of consult rooms and wait for the vet however if all the consult rooms are occupied, we will ask you to sit on provided chairs which are more than 1.5 meters away from each other. You can also wait outside (depending on the weather) the clinic till one of the consult rooms are available if you prefer to.
- Please ensure to sanitize your hands with provided hand sanitisers at the reception when entering and leaving the clinic.
- Follow Good Hygiene Practices (GHP) when you are at home to reduce the possibility of transmission of the COVID-19 to people around you.
- We are sanitising the reception area on a regular basis, we also sanitize all the surfaces and potential hot spots in consult rooms after each client to eliminate potential cross contamination.
- We have stopped physical greeting such as hand shake as required by NSW Department of Health, in addition to the regular hand washing and sanitation of the clinic on a regular basis.
- Please book appointment if possible instead of walk in, then we are more prepared to accept you.
- We are reducing paper work for our new clients’ form therefore we will email you all the required info before you attend the clinic to complete and email back.
- These policies and preventative measures might change as local and federal government implement new policies and requirements. Please ask our staff if you have any question as all our staff have passed COVID-19 training course provided by NSW department of Health.
- If you have any question or concerns regarding your furry friend’s health please give us a call on (02) 9133-1300.
We would like to thank you for your help and support during this uncertain time. We are here to help so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question.
Vets On Crown Team